Thursday, May 20, 2010

Drexel Writing Festivities

This is my first time to go to a writing festivity before that I don't even know what the writing festivity is. In order to finish this assignment, I went to this writing festivity --Maya Open Mic. My consider myself is a okay writer. I write what I think, I write what I want to say, I write the things come to my mind. That's probably the reason makes it not clear or don't easy understand for some people (okay, most people).


Now I went to this writing festivity to know different styles of writings to know construction of a essay or a poem. I love poetry because they shows the beauty, strength and even connotation in some ways. Writing a English is difficult, I mean even writing a poem in my national language is difficult.


Back to this even, I heard two speaker's speech. They were talk about how to write a poem and the creativity in the poetry. A lot of people were there. I didn't understand everything. I appreciate the poems they told about but I just don't know that much about English literature. But it always fun to know other culture's literature, their writing styles, their history.


In the end, they told us about a program at Drexel University, art and sciences, Certificate in Writing and Publishing. I am more interested in publishing businesses in the US than actually writing a book.



No comments:

Post a Comment