Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The one night tour of the Curtis Institute of Music



Today, I had one of the most amazing night here at Philadelphia. I had a one night tour to the Curtis Institute of Music, one of the most selective college in the United States accounting to the US News, with lowest acceptance rate, 4.0% almost twice as hard as to get in to Harvard University. (2010). It located in the west corner of the Rittenhouse Square which is the beautiful park in the center of the city of Philadelphia. Some time is really hard to imaging only several of those old fashion, European style buildings are the home of many the greatest musicians in the world such as Samuel Barber, Leonard Bernstein, Peter Serkin, Hilary Hahn, and the most important one at least for me, Lang Lang. ( haha......do you want to guess why)

Okay, now go back to my music night, I went there with my two friends, they had came to here before so we didn't have the time to look around all the buildings. We went to the Field Concert Hall, directly. The Field Concert Hall is the place for students at Curtis to perform to the general public. The concert is for one of the students's Student Recital Series. You know me, I have nothing to say about music. Don't get me wrong, I love classical music but I can't never remember all those musicians name and all those music pies's name. I don't even want to bring this up, I almost fell in sleep during the concert. Sorry, Chrissy, can't help it..... Some music compositions were beautiful, even breathtaking.

The thing interested for me is that, why they had a security camera right in front of us? Is that something because the Times Square car bombing case or they just want to record everyone here at the concert hall? That's the something to think about.






No comments:

Post a Comment